Posts for category: Dental
If you're missing teeth, dental implants can replace them. Implants are small anchors that are inserted into the jawbone. After the bone has healed, a false tooth is secured to the top of the implant. Led by Dr. Keith Wester and Dr. Jennifer Sarantos, Wester Dental Care (located in Portage, MI) offers a full range of dental services. Keep reading to find out how dental implants can restore your smile.
1. They can beautify your smile. Missing teeth can ruin a nice smile. Dental implants can beautify your smile and improve your confidence and self-esteem. Dental implants look like your original teeth. With dental implants, you will have a full smile to face the world.
2. They can improve chewing ability. The absence of teeth can affect your ability to chew food. With dental implants, you will experience an improvement in chewing ability. Due to the extreme stability of the dental implants, the new teeth are firm and make eating as comfortable as your original teeth.
3. They can improve your speech. The absence of teeth can also affect your ability to speak. Missing teeth can cause you to slur or mumble words. Dental implants can improve the clarity of your speech, allowing you to feel more confident when talking with others. Dental implants will also allow you to talk with people without the worry that your denture might slip out of place.
4. They prevent jawbone loss. When you're missing a tooth, the healthy jawbone no longer receives the necessary stimulation and begins to break down. Dental implants are anchored in the bone just like real teeth. Over time, they will help preserve the healthy bone and significantly reduce bone resorption. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that slows down jawbone loss and stimulate bone growth.
5. They prevent teeth shifting. When you're missing a tooth, the remaining teeth begin to shift at an accelerated rate. When teeth shift out of alignment, a bite problem usually develops. Dental implants will close the gaps in your smile and prevent teeth shifting. If you see a dentist soon after you lose a tooth, you can replace your missing tooth before teeth shifting occurs.
If you want a beautiful smile, this is your chance. Start your journey today. Call Wester Dental Care at 269-327-1119 today to schedule a dental consultation in Portage, MI. Having a beautiful, confident smile can transform your life. You will experience exemplary service and world-class care at Wester Dental Care.